Title: Reworking EBM and Medical Informatics Instruction to Accommodate Self-Directed Learners. (PDF)
Authors: MacEachern MP, Townsend W, Shannon C, Mani NS, Zeylikovich I, Mangrulkar RS.
Conference: Central Group on Educational Affairs (CGEA) 2013 Spring Meeting, Cincinnati, OH.
1. MacEachern M, Townsend W, Young K, Rana G. (2012). Librarian Integration in a Four-Year Medical School Curriculum: A Timeline. Medical Reference Services Quarterly, 31(1), 105-14.
2. Aronoff SC, Evans B, Fleece D, Lyons P, Kaplan L, Rojas R. (2010). Integrating Evidence Based Medicine Into Undergraduate Medical Education: Combining Online Instruction with Clinical Clerkships. Teaching and Learning in Medicine, 22(3), 219-223.
3. Bernardo V, Ramos MP, Plapler H, de Figueiredo LF, Nader HB, Ancao MS, von Dietrich CP, Sigulem D. (2004). Web-based Learning in Undergraduate Medical Education: Development and Assessment of an Online Course on Experimental Surgery. International Journal of Medical Informatics, 73, 731-742.
4. Chao SH, Brett B, Wiecha JM, Norton LE, Levine SA. (2012). Use of Online Curriculum to Teach Delirium to Fourth-Year Medical Students: A Comparison with Lecture Format. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 60(7). 1328-1332.
5. Masters K, Gibbs T. (2007). The Spiral Curriculum: Implications for Online Learning. BMC Medical Education, 7:52.
6. Stoddard, HA, Pamies RJ, Carver DS, Todd GL. (2008). Developing an Online Prematriculation Orientation Program and its Relation to Student Performance in the First Class Taken in Medical School. Teaching and Learning in Medicine, 20(4). 302-307.
7. Cook DA, Levinson AJ, Garside S. (2010). Time and Learning Efficiency in Internet-Based Learning: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Advances in Health Sciences Education, 15. 755-770.
8. Van Djiken PC, Thevoz S, Jucker-Kupper P, Feihl F, Bonvin R, Waeber B. (2008). Evaluation of an Online, Case-Based Interactive Approach to Teaching Pathophysiology. Medical Teacher, 30(5). 131-136.
9. Howlett D, Vincent T, Watson G, Owens E, Webb R, Gainsborough N, Fairclough J, Taylor N, Miles K, Cohen J, Vincent R. (2011). Blending Online Techniques with Traditional Face-to-Face Teaching Methods to Deliver Final Year Undergraduate Radiology Learning Content. European Journal of Radiology, 78(3). 334-341.
10. So HJ. (2009). Is Blended Learning a Viable Option in Public Health Education? A Case Study of Student Satisfaction with a Blended Graduate Course. Journal of Public Health Management and Practice, 15(1). 59-66.