Saturday, January 29, 2011 at 11:14AM
I had no scheduled mtgs today, which is unusual, so I was able catch up on and finish a few lingering projects.
- I finished editing the Instructor College brochure I referred to on Tuesday. The brochure, which will be distributed to new hires, offers info about the IC and its resources, including links to the IC site, blog, and other instruction-related resources... Plus - we - the committee - offer to take the new hires out to what would be for them a free lunch
- I also went over a dental thesis and sent some suggestions to the student. Thesis committee work.
- Everything else blurred together, so I'll present the rest of my day textblock-style: I had a conversation with a web admin abt access privileges to a medical school wiki system; I discussed these strange STAT!Ref access issues with the electronic access unit in the library and the informatics dept in the School of Dentistry (it's likely an issue on our end and not with STAT!Ref); I encountered video card problems -- to be fixed w/ some surgery on Monday; Arranged for the library's presence at a dental outreach event in mid-February ('arranged' meaning I got us a table and discussed what materials we'd need with the outreach coordinator); Read abt an UM ebook study (which was FW'd to me by a colleague in dentistry); and submitted, for the library's documentation purposes, a month's worth of presentation and consultation statistics.
- A colleague also sent me this awesome dance video.